Sunday, October 5, 2014

admitted again

I'm home now, but Friday night I ended up admitted again. Throughout the afternoon Friday, I had a mild headache that just felt like a typical "I'm sleepy" kind of a headache. It got a little worse in the evening and didn't go away when I took tylenol. They've drilled it into my head that a headache that won't go away with tylenol is something you have to come in for, even if the headache is mild. I also checked my blood pressure and got a high reading, so I figured I better go in.

Of course, it was a night that Shad was working, so thankfully my good friend Margie took me up to the hospital. They checked labs which were all normal and got a few high BP readings, but still none above 160/110. They also gave me a stronger pain medicine to see if they could make the headache go away, and after a few hours it did.

So even though things were looking ok overall, they decided to admit me because some of my BPs were 155/105 and they wanted to keep watching them. Another fun night in the hospital. Thankfully, most of the rest of my BPs overnight and into Saturday were 140s/90s, so I was discharged Saturday evening. So still no changes in the plan: keep waiting, keep checking BPs, and I see my OB next on Tuesday. Thankfully throughout all this, the babies have always looked good on the non-stress tests, so no evidence that all this high blood pressure stuff is affecting them at this point. :)

And the really good news is that Mom is on her way and gets here today! She left Bham on Friday and made it to Dallas that day. She made it to Denver on Saturday and spent time with Sean, Amy, and Mark. And today, she makes the final leg to SLC. I'll be so glad to have her here!

No comments:

Post a Comment