Monday, June 8, 2015

7 months: things I don't want to forget

Only a few more days left until they're 8 months old. This Wednesday they will actually have spent exactly as much time out of the womb as they spent in the womb. Crazy how quickly and slowly time passes!

I wanted to start a list of things that I don't want to forget. They're starting to change so fast, and I'm really glad for the progress that we're all making, but also a little sad at how quickly the moments pass and they become new babies in a way. I'm super excited to keep seeing who they are becoming, but sometimes I want to hold on to the sweet moments that are passing.

I don't want to forget:

- walking in to greet them when they wake up in the morning or wake up from a nap and seeing how excited they are to greet you and the day
- the giggles and squeals I get from them when I come home from work
- the belly laughs when I shake my hair at them or scare them with a "boo" or "I'm going to get you"
- how cute they are in their little onesies and bare chubby legs
- how soft their baby hair is
- how ticklish they are
- the sweet snuggles when they're cuddling in at night and how cozy it is to snuggle a sleeping baby
- giving them their nighttime bottle and feeling them relax and calm down for the night
- how they want to wrap their fingers around your thumb when you're giving them a bottle
- how they're starting to reach for your face and hair with their little chubby hands when they're falling asleep. They seem in awe of your face and will sit and stare at you with their little hands reaching to touch your nose, your cheek, your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment