Monday, June 15, 2015

just 2 more weeks...

I'm continuing to check off my list of lasts... last presentation to give, check! last black weekend, check! last long call, check! I have four more days this week, a whole weekend off, then 7 night shifts between me and vacation and then three months of elective! Thankfully, nights usually aren't too bad in the well baby nursery, so sometimes you even catch some sleep.

The past few days have been a lot of fun and given me a taste of what's coming after these crazy hours are done with. Saturday I had off and Shad, Mom, the boys, and I checked out the opening day of the downtown farmer's market. Mom bought some rhubarb and made an uber delicious strawberry rhubarb pie (which I am eating a piece of right now). Then Saturday afternoon, we all took the boys to the pool for the first time. They were a little unsure of it at first, but seems to enjoy themselves by the end. We've get to get the acclimated to playing in the water for our upcoming beach trip! 

Geez Mom, the sun is too bright! 
Sam sporting some sweet shades
Luke's sweet shades
pretty nice backdrop for swim
Sunday day and night, I worked my last long call, so that wasn't fun, but thankfully, it was a really easy shift. I snuck in about 5 hours of sleep overnight, so this morning when I got home, I didn't have to sleep. Shad and I went for a hike up in Little Cottonwood Canyon, and I definitely have lots of conditioning to do to get back in to my former shape. Sadly, I've basically not done real exercise for about a year thanks to pregnancy and babies, but this is the year that I take back my body from all the damage caused by med school, residency, 28 hour calls, fluorescent lights, resident lounge donuts, and a twin pregnancy. I'm really motivated to get back in shape! I'm almost back down to my pre-pregnancy weight; just a few more pounds to go to get there. But then I need to keep going and get back into 1st year med school shape!

Little Cottonwood Canyon



yeah for hikes with the husband!
We also got out for a hike with the boys a few weeks ago. They'd been on a short little jaunt on the Bonneville Shoreline trail before, but this was their first "hike." It was about 3 miles which is not insignificant with a 20 lb baby and 10 lb pack on your back. They boys did great! We're starting to feel more mobile and can't wait to get out to do more fun things like this!


Shad and Luke
me and Sam
sleepy Luke
sleepy Sam
Other recent developments are that we've starting using their big boy high chairs. They work great for playing, porch watching, eating, and containing busy boys. It makes them seem so big though!

Sam trying out his high chair for the first time a few weeks ago 
singing with Daddy
Oh also for fun... a few days ago, we hit the tipping point where the boys had spent as many days out in the world as they had spent in utero. 241 days in, 241 days out on June 10th!



my sweet boys
And a little more fun... I'm enjoying watching them sleep as I'm typing this post. Here's their sweet little sleeping faces.
Sam
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment